we can burn
brighter than the sun


introduction
hello, wherever you are

SINGAPORE - LONDON

Mostly, I am Violet.
Sometimes, I float around aimlessly and pretend to be weird.
Then I realise that's still being Violet, and human.
So Hi there, I'm Violet, a Human. Nice to meet you *friendly handshake*




HOW TO EAT FRUITS
Monday, April 22, 2013 | Posted by Violet| 0 comment/s
I have been trying to be healthy! Which is working out rather well for me since I am vegetarian and that in itself means I eat lots of vegetables and very little unhealthy useless food. The only problem is that I'm not big on fruits, which is kinda ironic I know. When I tell people I've never eaten the following fruits: 

lychee, mangosteen, longan, rambutan, watermelon (only tried one bite which Ben forced me to at Kichi-Kichi - used to be at Ngee Ann City but has since daobi-ded), rockmelon, guava, cherries, durian and a whole slew of other fruits

I always get the "wth are you serious?!" reaction, to which I reply very calmly, "yes", and launch into a short, well-rehearsed description of ants crawling around rambutans and lychees and all. 

Apart from the above untried-and-untested fruits, I generally don't like apples, pears and all those good for you fruits. I only eat bananas, strawberries, grapes and mangoes on their own, and it's not very good because apparently these are high in sugar etc etc etc *insert the annoying rant about fruit sugars* 

which is annoying! because here you are thinking you've made great progress by eating fruits but it's all done wrong. maybe i should just stick to eating vegetables then.

recently though, i have found innovative ways to make me eat more fruits! here's how:

Presenting, Violet's step-by-step guide to eating fruits!

1) Buy fruits at the supermarket - THIS IS A GREAT STEP FORWARD! if you dont buy, you confirm wont eat!
- for very lazy people, buy green grapes. just wash then can eat liao
- i started with bananas. very convenient because bananas take 10000 years to ripen here so you have to use science and pluck them out of the bunch to accelerate their ripening (Y). 
- then i bought royal gala apples
- today, im going to buy some conference pears. PEARS. holy shit making some good progress here.

2) Display them prominently at home! Make sure you always see them so it annoys the heck out of you especially as they start to grow old and look shitty

3) Add them into all your food!
- Bananas are the best. I mash them up and add them into my Quaker 100% wholegrain rolled oats before microwaving, and blend them to make smoothies, top crepes/pancakes with them. basically bananas are freaking convenient and tasty! i love bananas!! only cannot eat too many cos not very good in terms of HIGH SUGAR (see the stupid sugar thing zzzz)

- Apples! Today i was damn bloody innovative and made oatmeal pancakes with cinnamon apple compote. according to my food-technology-pro housemate, cinnamon is damn awesome cos it breaks down fat or some amazing thing like that. and cinnamon is so tasty!! no need to add sugar because apple is a fruit which has fruit sugar (ZZZZ OMG ENOUGH WITH THE FRUIT SUGAR ALREADY) and just use cinnamon which gives it colour + taste! compote is also damn suitable for my lazy old woman teeth cos the apples are SOFT and i dont have to chew chew chew and crunch crunch crunch. crunchy fruits and vegetables are not my thing! 

- Pears! So im going to poach a pear tomorrow. Holy shit sounds damn pro already?!?! Poached anything sounds damn good. poached is such an atas word seriously. If i had to name the top most atas word, poached definitely comes to mind first. So, atas chef Violet's plan is to poach the heck out of the conference pear! and i think i will keep it in the fridge and top my oatmeal with the poached pear. Hopefully, it will be tasty like the bananas! Otherwise, I don't know what to do because I don't intend to make more pancakes.

4) eat! 
if it's successful, the fruits + fruit sugar will fill the kitchen with this damn delicious smell and I'll wolf the food down in no time. Note: even disgusting kitchens like the 16 windermere one ALSO CAN SMELL GOOD. Well done fruits. you make my nose happy :)

Today, i am damn cute! i ordered food delivery for my mum!



yay to being a cute and good daughter!!! 

now that im all happy and fuzzy inside (must be all that fruit sugar hehehe), i shall get down to work! only got 10 days to prepare for econs!!! jiayou jiayou jiayou!