we can burn
brighter than the sun


introduction
hello, wherever you are

SINGAPORE - LONDON

Mostly, I am Violet.
Sometimes, I float around aimlessly and pretend to be weird.
Then I realise that's still being Violet, and human.
So Hi there, I'm Violet, a Human. Nice to meet you *friendly handshake*




Last Kiss
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 | Posted by Violet| 0 comment/s
I still remember the look on your face
Lit through the darkness at 1:58
The words that you whispered for just us to know
You told me you loved me so why did you go away, go away


I do recall now the smell of the rain
Fresh on the pavement, I ran off the plane
That July 9th the beat of your heart
It jumps through your shirt, I can still feel your arms
But now I'll go sit on the floor wearing your clothes
All that I know is I don't know
How to be something you'd miss


Never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips

---

Have been listening religiously to Taylor Swift since I got tickets to her show last Friday and discovered some of her songs I haven't had the chance to encounter before. Like this! Last Kiss - Taylor Swift. It's a really intense 6minute+ song and kind of stirs some shit inside of me. 

As an egoistic young lady, I have always found it highly amusing when my friends/friends-of-friends/aka-people-I-stalk post things like "I can be the hardest person to love sometimes but thank you for loving me" and the like~ Detractors may offer the possibility of jealousy for my derision, considering my rather... unique relationship, but hey, check the statistics man. Sometimes I just want to rub it into everybody's faces that my seemingly unsustainable, almost ridiculous relationship has lasted a good four years. Nothing to be proud of, because a relationship is only supposed to last, effortlessly, freely and without a constant need to reaffirm and reassure. Together, just because.

---

I do remember the swing of your step
The life of the party, you're showing off again
And I roll my eyes and then you pulled me in
I'm not much for dancing but for you I did
Because I loved your handshake, meeting my father
I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets
How you'd kiss me when I was in the middle of saying something
There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions

---

Your name, forever the name on my lips.