we can burn
brighter than the sun


introduction
hello, wherever you are

SINGAPORE - LONDON

Mostly, I am Violet.
Sometimes, I float around aimlessly and pretend to be weird.
Then I realise that's still being Violet, and human.
So Hi there, I'm Violet, a Human. Nice to meet you *friendly handshake*




Two Pigeons
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 | Posted by Violet| 0 comment/s
Today, I saw two pigeons on my way home from Careers Service. I was exceptionally struck by how fat one of the pigeons were, and that was what caught my eye in the first place, considering my extreme disdain for birds. It was rather interesting because the two pigeons were just walking(?) around and then they stopped in front of an ambulance and it almost seemed as though they were peering in, watching, waiting for something. The two pigeons, in that instance, almost seemed to know something, a secret possibly, or that they had powers enabling them to see into the ambulance. I could nearly imagine them watching a scene in the ambulance - an anxious medic desperately doing all he can to save a man, his friend from university whom he has lost contact with after all those years of life and living, at the cusp of death. Does he succeed? Does he fail? How does he feel? Only our pensive pigeons can ever tell.

Walked on home and figured I must be quite insane to be reading so much (and rather unrealistically) into the actions of two nondescript pigeons. Must be the window displays at Waterstones! The books on display just seemed to be calling out to me and mocking me for not having read all those books I got last time. Shall get down to it once I'm done with school.

---

Finally submitted my LSE application! Was supposed to do this, what, last year? But dragged till now! Hopefully my Personal Statement and Transcripts and References are sufficiently impressive to get me into the programme! Really want to get in because I don't think I am ready to leave academic study at the moment.